One should not try to book first-class or business-class flights all by oneself. Because the prices will be higher if you DIY rather than through agents. And you may not be able to get your desired business class flights to Banjul.
Well then, what’s the medium for booking flights?
An efficient, expert, professional, and reliable travel agent, such as Business Flight Shop, is the medium. Travel agents have been around for a long time, and their importance has only grown over the years.
They will communicate with you regularly. After they understand your travel goals, they will book flights alongside accommodation, and activities, rent a car, make reservations, etc.
What is a travel agent?
A travel agent is a professional who offers services to clients in the travel industry. These services may include arranging travel plans, booking flights, hotels, car rentals, sightseeing tours, making dining recommendations, and other travel-related services.
A travel agent assesses each customer’s unique needs, preferences, and budget to ensure their trip goes as smoothly as possible. A travel agent may work independently, as part of a travel agency, or as an employee of a larger travel company.
What are travel agents also known as?
Travel agents are also known as travel consultants, travel counsellors, holiday planners, travel managers, travel facilitators, etc.
What are the categories of travel agents?
One may categorize travel agencies into retail travel agencies and wholesale travel agencies.
Leisure travel agents usually work with individuals. They may be planning vacations or trips for personal reasons. On the other hand, corporate travel agencies work with companies and organizations to arrange travel for their employees. Specialty travel agents focus on specific types of travel, such as adventure trips, luxury travel, or cruises.
What are the responsibilities of a travel agent?
These are the day-to-day duties; a travel agent undertakes:
- The everyday activities of a travel agent involve meeting with clients, planning and arranging travel itineraries, advising clients on important aspects of their travel plans, keeping accurate records of client bookings, and handling any travel issues that may arise.
- Travel agents meet travellers and ask about all the details as travel dates, destination, budget, transportation, etc.
- They ask the client about their expectations from any place they are visiting; which sites they are interested in.
- They then plan the travel itinerary for the clients, including arranging transportation, lodging, and activities throughout the trip.
- They have a record of every single passenger, their bookings & payments, flights, dates, destinations, and food preferences.
- They advise clients on everything travel related, such as visas, customs, insurance, vaccinations, trip cancellation policies, passports, etc.
- If any travel issues arise, such as flight or hotel cancellations, delays, conflicts, or refunds- the travel agent handles them effortlessly.
In addition, the best travel agents tend to be versatile, friendly, passionate about travelling, and have experience in hospitality. They are passionate about travelling and have experience in hospitality.
There are several travel management agencies all over.
How can you make sure which one’s the best for you?
Look for one which benefits you personally. If you are presently managing a company’s travel requirements- outsource your employees’ travel needs to a travel management company and enjoy cost savings and various perks.
And the advantages are-
- Time savings: You will be overwhelmed if you try to DIY flight bookings. Flight options are so many, that you will be even more confused than before.
- Economic: Travel agents can offer discounts which we are not privy to. So they can book discounted flights, accommodations, and other facilities at budgeted rates.
- Diverse and sustainable range of travel programs: If a travel company offers flexible & diverse rates and packages, it will benefit you (your company and employees). Make the best out of the money you pay for a safe and stress-free trip, say on business class flights to Amritsar from UK.
- Easy, convenient booking: Inform them about your requirements. Agents have an excellent online booking system. It has easy access and accurate details of the fee structure, discounts, and facilities. So, you can conveniently book flights by yourself within a short time.
- Transparency: The agency should be transparent in dealings. A good agency usually mentions all the expenses (along with the taxes) required. This is unlike the sites you’ll book with.
If you DIY, the quotes of flight tickets you can view on the sites are exclusive of the taxes. This is levied while checking out. But travel agents will clearly mention the total flight charges without beating around the bushes.
- Financial security: The travel agent must be reliant. It should be registered with institutions- such as ATOL, Travel Trust Association, etc. So that you feel secure about the money you’re investing with them.
- Tailored to requirements: You have to mention your requirements, such as the dates & whether they are flexible or not; the destination, the originating place, whether you would prefer a layover (a long one or a shorter one) or a direct flight, whether you’d like to book reservations and hotels/conference halls, your food preferences, if you have any disability, etc.
They will ask for these pieces of informations and come up with several suggestions. They will also explain their advantages (economic, convenience, time-saving) and disadvantages. You can choose the one which suits you most. Voila! The booking is complete!
- Support services: 24/7 online support services are crucial, especially concerning health and safety updates. They will provide you with tips and advice that will make your trip a fun and successful one.
Moreover, they will have associates/guides in all places for travel-related assistance and who speaks the language you understand.
- Provides cyber security: Business travellers are often prime targets of cyber-attacks when travelling abroad, especially those working for corporations, media, academic or government bodies.
So, overlooking data security will risk your company’s and employees’ confidential information. If traveling for leisure also, you will feel secure with a good agent.
- They are natural explorers: They should be widely travelled themselves to be able to guide you with first-hand experience. They should have been in the industry for a few years. You may check their reviews online to get a better idea.
- They are highly organized: They arrange flights, process payments, secure accommodation, negotiate deals, send tickets, and advise clients, thus providing travellers a good experience.
- They have visions:
They have people skills: They have good communication skills. They are never offended if you have to change your travel plans or even have several queries.