During the 20th century, asbestos was widely used as one of the most common building and construction materials that were prominently used. In fact, if you are to delve right into the uses at once, you would be surprised to learn that these used to be used in places like buildings, fences, ships, insulations, etc. and thanks to the advantages that they brought to the table, their applications just kept on booming with no signs of slowing down in sight.
Well, all this changed when it was discovered that asbestos was highly carcinogenic in nature and caused a wide range of health ailments, some of which may even turn out to be fatal if proper protocol wasn’t followed in a timely manner. The worst part? Asbestos isn’t some organic chemical compound that can be disposed of easily without causing a great deal of damage and medical anomalies, and this is where asbestos management plans come into the picture.
These plans are mandated by each and every government out there, and if you are someone who wants to get rid of the asbestos that is present in your property, you must adhere to these regulations and laws as well. Fortunately, there are a number of companies and agencies out there that would draw and execute such a plan for you.
For businesses, this is something that just cannot be ignored as they must adhere to the asbestos disposal regulations as well. Here, we will be taking a look at some of the crucial inclusions that good asbestos management plans must possess, and why they are necessary to be drawn up. So, let’s get started.
- The workplace register- When it comes to drawing up a perfect plan to combat the asbestos menace, one of the first things that must be done is that each and every location has asbestos must be listed and recorded logically and transparently. This is one of the first steps in the management process, and by law, this is something that is mandated as well.
- Details of the construction work performed- Once every trace of asbestos has been accounted for, the next step of the process involves tracking when the construction jobs were carried out and by which contractor. Once this is done, everything from the dates to the clearance certificates must be accounted for in these registers, and to do this, one must draw up each and every record there is, no matter how old or obscure they might be.
- The information process- Once a thorough audit has been carried out, the next step of the process involves informing the people who fall within the scope of the premise about the presence of this dangerous element and the potential risk that these bring to the table. Now, it must be observed that such an announcement must not create a whole lot of confusion and panic as that would only complicate the situation without helping the asbestos management plans that are being enacted by the companies.
- The timeline- Once the information process is executed, a fixed timeline and deadline must be set to remove every last trace of asbestos there is. Now, it must be said that asbestos management plans ought to have a fixed deadline in place, and this is something that must account for significant days and events as well. According to the laws of the land, these management plans must account for changes in deadlines as well.
- The duties- One must account for each and every responsibility that people must execute, and this is something important as this would enable everyone to understand their responsibilities when it comes to asbestos management plans. Having the proper duties assigned on time would help with operational efficiency as well.
- Training- Since this is a relatively new genre, one must possess the right set of skills to execute the process in the best way possible. Good asbestos management plans account for the training aspect of things as well, and once the personnel are trained according to the established protocols, they must be put to good use when it comes to properly removing the asbestos.
Since this is a chemical that needs to be handled in a mature and well-thought-out manner, one must use the services of a company that isn’t only experienced but feature a lot of good reviews and certifications as well. These companies possess a wide range of tools and goodies that can be used to carry out asbestos management plans, extractions, and disposals in the best possible manner.
Australia is a country that featured a heavy usage of asbestos once upon a time, and this makes it that much more important for companies and establishments to have fixed asbestos management plans in place to tackle this debacle in the best possible manner.